The Mercer Island Parks & Recreation Department is hosting a Community Appreciation Day on Friday, April 28th, at the Mercer Island Community & Event Center, with food and activities from 9 am to 5 pm.
The event serves as an opportunity for MI Parks & Recreation to thank all the residents of Mercer Island for everything they do for their community.
Community Appreciation Day will feature treats, refreshments, free drop-in recreation programs, free use of the Community Center fitness room, raffle prizes, and entertainment. The event is also sponsored by New Seasons Market.
Community Appreciation Day Schedule of Activities:
- 9:00 – 5:00 pm: Gourmet Beverage Bar
- 9:00 – 5:00 pm: Raffle prizes
- 8:00 – 9:00 am: Drop-in Power Flex
- 9:00 – 11:00 am: Pancake Breakfast
- 9:30 – 2:00 pm: Drop-in Pickleball
- 10:00 – 12:00 pm: Indoor Playground
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm: Nancy Stewart, children’s singer-songwriter
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Hotdog BBQ
- 1:00 pm: Meet & Greet with City Manager, Julie Underwood
- 2:30 – 5:00 pm: Drop-in Open Gym
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Drop-in Badminton
The Wellness Worthy Treat Bar will be available throughout the day, and local musicians will be providing entertainment all day long. Feel free to use the Fitness Room, and if you’d like a Fitness Room orientation, Susie Rosenstein (MIPR personal trainer) will be available to give you a tour and answer any questions.
The Mercer Island Community & Event Center is located at 8236 SE 24th Street.