We’re two days into October, and believe it or not, another My MI anniversary has come and gone. It has been three years since we launched our weekly e-newsletter. Our first issue was sent to a small group of subscribers on September 22nd, 2014, and our first blog post was published on October 7th, 2014.
We are thankful for all of our readers, and you’re the reason why our publication keeps chugging along. As every Monday approaches (when our newsletter goes out), I think of what interesting/helpful/engaging new posts I can share with you all. Thankfully, our vibrant community is a regular source of inspiration, and our readership has continued to grow.
In the past year, over 35,000 unique visitors have landed on our website, and the weekly e-newsletter now has over 1150 subscribers. We published about 180 blog posts, and here are our top 10 posts in order of popularity:
Top 10 Blog Posts – September 2016 – September 2017
- Caruccio’s, a culinary event center, to open August 2017 on Mercer Island
- Mioposto Pizzeria opens today on Mercer Island
- Who’s running for City Council & School Board | November 2017 General Election
- 10 Reasons to Get Excited for New Seasons Market
- Best Breakfast & Brunch Spots on Mercer Island
- Mercer Island Light Rail Station Design & Timeline
- Mercer Island to the Mountains – Favorite ski destinations, schools & the Crystal ski bus
- New Seasons Market Grand Opening – Schedule of Events & Store Details
- Freshy’s Local Market now open on Mercer Island
- Local Elementary Students Brace(let) to Fight Cancer
If you’re curious about our top 10 lists for previous years, you can read them here (2016) and here (2015). As we’ve seen in past years, our readers are especially interested in food and restaurant news, which represented six blog posts on this year’s list. We were surprised to see local politics among our top three posts and delighted to see the story of a fundraising project by elementary school students make the list as well.
We appreciate each and every one of our readers and to all of you who have recommended our publication to your friends and neighbors. We are also thankful to our contributors, especially the talented Julia Hess, and all of our community partners who keep us updated on the exciting news and events happening on Mercer Island.
If you don’t yet subscribe to our free weekly e-newsletter, you can sign up here to get our latest blog posts and the week’s events delivered to your inbox every Monday. (Your information will never be shared, and you can unsubscribe anytime.)
As always, your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Feel free to get in touch!