New Seasons Market will celebrate its Grand Opening on Mercer Island on November 10th. New Seasons CEO Wendy Collie along with the company executive team, store leaders, local producers, and non-profit organization representatives will attend the festivities, which includes a celebratory “Bread Breaking.”
Opening Week Festivities
Thursday, November 10th
7 am – Doors open; the first 200 customers receive a $10 New Seasons gift card towards their next purchase and the first 1,000 shoppers receive a free New Seasons Market reusable shopping bag.
9 am – Bread Breaking ceremony; CEO Wendy Collie, Store Manager Jennie Lea, local producer Seven Red Tagines and Mercer Island Youth & Family Services leader share remarks and break a loaf of fresh challah bread to share with all.
11 am – Apple farmer Denny Jones of Jones Farm (Granger, Wash.) offers free samples of fresh Washington-grown Jazz, Envy and Pink Lady varieties while supplies last.
All day – Sample delicious products exclusive to New Seasons Market, including a variety of freshly baked organic, non-GMO breads and spreads from New Seasons’ Partner Label line.
All day – Reserve holiday meals, turkeys, specialty meats and tasty chef-prepared side dishes in-store and also online at www.newseasonsmarket.com/reserve.
Friday, November 11th
10 am – 5 pm – New Seasons Market staff nutritionists offer healthy snacking ideas and answer questions about New Seasons free nutrition education programs.
Saturday, November 12th – Sunday, November 13th
11 am – 5 pm – Rare chance to get a taste of Portland cult favorite Salt & Straw artisan ice cream at a parking lot pop-up shop scooping four flavors, including best-selling Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons and a dairy-free option; $1 per scoop sold will be donated to Mercer Island Youth & Family Services.
11 am – 5 pm – Chocolate tasting featuring more than 20 varieties of fair trade, organic and local chocolate.
Complete Store Details
New Seasons Market Mercer Island is the ultimate neighborhood grocery store and community gathering place where customers and staff can connect over good food. Whether stopping in for a full shop or a quick bite, customers feel New Seasons’ welcoming friendly environment when they walk through the door and connect with its passion for the local community we all share.
Address: 2755 77th Ave. S.E., Mercer Island, Wash.
Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
Employees: 150 friendly, knowledgeable staff members who love sharing their passion for food
Grocery Goodness: The carefully curated selection at New Seasons Mercer Island pairs local, organic favorites with grocery classics to offer customers choice, quality and value:
- Full-service meat and seafood department; all meat and poultry are free of antibiotics and artificial growth hormones and seafood is sustainably sourced;
- Abundant deli featuring fresh, seasonal dishes prepared by New Seasons chefs, a hot wok bar, made-to-order sandwiches and Fire and Flavor, a hot meal station inspired by South American comfort food using rotisserie chicken and braised beef;
- Large produce department emphasizing local and organic and peak-of-the-season flavors;
- In-house bakery offering organic, non-GMO breads baked fresh daily;
- Kosher offerings including fresh chicken and beef, prepared foods, baked goods from Schwartz Brothers Bakery and others; grocery items for brands including Osem, Liebers, Haolam, Dyna Sea, Natural & Kosher, Amnon’s and Ta’amti;
- Gluten-free, Paleo and vegan choices throughout the store to meet any dietary needs;
- Health and beauty products in a wellness department staffed by experts;
- Home goods and unique gifts from local artisans;
- Full-service floral department with vibrant Northwest blooms and Fair Trade options;
- Large variety of beer, wine and spirits from the Northwest and around the world and a Sips counter offering eight beer taps and wine by the glass.
Store Features: The 37,000-square-foot fully remodeled store includes green updates and community gathering spaces:
- A large outdoor patio lounge seating area, partially covered by the existing pergola repurposed from the site;
- Rooftop solar panels expected to produce enough energy to off-set the power requirements for exterior signage;
- Store décor accents made from reclaimed Douglas fir from Seattle’s historic 1909 Union Stables;
- Three high-speed electric car charging stations.
Store Leaders: Jennie Lea, store manager; Mary Bune, assistant store manager; Joey Manley, assistant store manager; Richard Thompson, assistant store manager; and Jami Scott, community and promotions manager
Community Partners: New Seasons commits 10 percent of after-tax profits back to the community, benefiting local organizations including:
- Mercer Island Youth & Family Services
- Mercer Island School Foundation
- Mercer Island Parks & Recreation
- Sound Generations
- New Horizons
Featured Local Partners: A champion of the regional food economy, New Seasons values and nurtures long-term partnerships with farmers, ranchers and producers to deliver the best of the region. Washington state partners supplying Mercer Island Neighbors include:
- Black Sheep Creamery, Chehalis
- Botany Bay Farm, Brush Prairie
- Botsford Valley Farm, Olympia
- Cascadia Creamery, Trout Lake
- Flying M Livestock, Ellensburg
- Inaba Farms, Wapato
- Jones Farm, Granger
- Lummi Island Wild, Lummi Island
- Marnies Foods/Four Seasons Gourmet, Seattle
- Miss Marjorie’s, Seattle
- Townsend Creamery, Port Townsend
- Native Harvest, Olympia
- Nuflours, Seattle
- Parfait Ice Cream, Seattle
- Pure Country Pork, Ephrata
- Pure Eire Dairy, Othello
- Reister Farm, Washougal
- Rusty’s Famous Cheesecake, Seattle
- Seven Red Tagines, Mercer Island
- Tiny’s Organic, Wenatchee
Learn more at: www.newseasonsmarket.com/our-stores/mercerisland/