Every year, the local community comes together to celebrate and support Mercer Island Youth and Family Services at its Annual Breakfast, the biggest MIYFS Foundation fundraising event of the year. In addition to attending the Breakfast, the MIYFS Foundation is encouraging everyone to “Shop and Dine Local” to help raise funds for MIYFS programs and services. On Wednesday, February 7th and Thursday, February 8th, the Mercer Island businesses listed below will donate 10% of proceeds to MIYFS Foundation.
“It’s so heartening to see the strong sense of community on Mercer Island, with local businesses supporting local residents through MIYFS,” says Cindy Goodwin, Director of Mercer Island Youth and Family Services. “We are grateful for those businesses returning and happy to have several new businesses join this year.”
Please support local businesses supporting the community by shopping and dining at these locations on February 7th and 8th. Appointments booked and paid for, as well as gift vouchers purchased over the two days, will also be included in donations to MIYFS. Remember to let the businesses know you are shopping local for MIYFS!
- All The Best Pet Care – 3037 78th Ave SE
- Au Courant | The Den | POSH – 7900 SE 28th Street, Suite 100
- Auto Spa – 2730 80th Ave SE
- c.michele interior lifestyles – 7605 SE 27th Street, Suite 102
- Christine Face & Body Studio – 7605 SE 27th Street, Suite 153
- Clarke & Clarke, Art + Artifacts – 7605 SE 27th Street, Suite 105
- Freshy’s Local Market – 2601 76th Ave SE, Suite 104
- Island Books – 3014 78th Ave SE
- Island Treats – www.islandtreatsnw.com
- Mercer Island Athletic Club – 7785 Sunset Highway, Suite 118 (77 Central Bldg.)
- Mioposto Pizzeria & Bar – 2601 76th Ave SE
- Pete’s South Mercer Chevron – 8407 SE 68th St
- Studio 904 Hair Design and Spa – 3041 78th Ave SE
- Terra Bella – 3028 78th Ave SE
- Yogabliss – 7803 SE 27th Street, Suite 174 (20% donated on Feb 7th only)
For more information about the Annual Breakfast, “Shop and Dine Local,” and how to get involved, please visit www.miyfs.org.
[Adapted from original press release, Sari Feinberg Weiss, Development Officer, Mercer Island Youth & Family Services]